Shake

On my way from the subway station to my apartment, I picked up a cookies 'n cream ice cream bar. I'd never done that before. Now that I know they cost 500 ($0.43 USD), it won't be so easy to bypass them. 


I was greeted by an elderly stranger when I exited the convenience store. 


"Oh good! Hi!" he waved.


"Hello," I smiled and waved back. And then he turned an addressed the preschool-aged boy beside him.


"악수. 악수!" he instructed, pushing him toward me. The little boy looked up at me, jaw open, and stuck out his hand for me to shake. I don't imagine he was overly impressed with me, but his grandfather was pretty proud of him, and I walked home with a big, cheesy grin.


Also, the cookies 'n cream bar was pretty fabulous.

Comments

  1. The ice creams ARE cheap!! There was a place by my house for 200won in the afternoon and 500 at night. Crazy cheap ^^ Hey, you should try the "Shark" or "Screw". They're both popsicles, but AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandparents are worse than parents. Parents we have pride in our children and still a little reserve of not being too obnoxious to others about our joy. Grandparents are way past the reserve. They want the whole world to know! :-)It's kind of like the senior Korean women that have no shame in cutting in line or pushing their way to the front. Grandparents are seriously focused on those little people that come into their world. At least it seems to be that way from my observations. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would stop at the Family Mart on the side street on the way back to our old place once a week for the fish wafer ice creams. Those are the best.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Graphite Chopsticks

Time Zones