Sun

Some kids seem to think their intelligence exempts them from homework. Ryan informed me, when he started first grade, that he didn't have to do the homework because it was "too easy."

Sunwoo is a fourth-grader with a steady supply of words and jokes and random trivia. While he didn't tell me he was too smart for homework, I pegged him as having that mentality. He did, however, complete the three journals that I assigned for writing class. And he didn't just write them, either. He wrapped the three pages individually in green X-Files paper, and he wouldn't let anyone near them except me. 


"These are for the queen!" he announced as he proudly presented them. "Do not let anyone else see!"

Comments

  1. Are you saying you have classes full of boys like your oldest brother? Didn't he think homework was a waste of time because it was too easy and was always full of triva and information on subjects that most children his age were not interested in? I don't remember him being as knightly as your fourth grader Sunwoo. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait. Now you're a queen? I was still getting used to the whole Princess idea!! Gosh, you're moving up in the world. Royalty. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Technically...I was a queen before I was a princess. So really I've been demoted. I forgot about this one until I was sorting papers and found the X-Files paper.

    I do think of my siblings at times when I'm with these kids. There are similarities... :) I'm pretty sure I get called "the queen" because the only other Elizabeth they know of is the queen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Time Zones

Graphite Chopsticks

Now That I Know (1)