Tattle-tale

Tattling is increasingly annoying to me. In some of my classes, there are punishments for tattling. For most, I have to repeatedly define the word. The conversation goes something like this...


Student: Teacher! Jason say my name!
Me: Amy, did someone get hurt?
Student: Teacher but- 
Me: Is someone going to get hurt?
Student: No...
Me: Is anything broken?
Student: *sigh* 
Me: Then I don't want to hear about it.


I don't remember which girl tried to tattle this morning. I don't even remember why she was annoyed. What I remember is the boy in the front row. Before I could respond, he whipped his head around and let her have it.


"Is it broken?" he demanded. "Are you hurt??" And then he turned back to his work without even waiting for her reply.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Graphite Chopsticks

Time Zones

Shake