Tomato

Kindergarten Phonics dealt with phonographs today. I want to know how many adults even know what a phonograph is. For one question, we were supposed to find words containing "ell". Elizabeth, my quietest girl, raised her hand rather quickly. Her word? Hell. Judging by the smile on her face afterward, I'd say she was pretty pleased with herself for that answer.

My fourth graders wanted to open a window because they were all hot. I protested because I was cold.  Hanna and Kevin pulled out their coats, draped them over my shoulders, pulled the hoods over my head, and even buttoned them around my neck so as to keep them from falling off. No one ever got around to opening a window. At least then we all roasted together.

One of the mothers bought smoothies for all the teachers today. Just for the record, that's a lot of smoothie. I happened to get a tomato smoothie. It was more bizarre than last week's "fruit salad" (tangerines, sunflower seeds, grape tomatoes, and corn flakes covered in white gooey-ness). There are a lot of foods on my hate list that I'd rather eat before touching another tomato smoothie.

Comments

  1. Ish. I hate tomatoes. Soooo much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they don't have any fruit salads here without mayo! And regular green salads are pretty much non-existent

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Time Zones

Graphite Chopsticks

Now That I Know (1)