Say It Loud

My students have two volume levels: loud and yelling. Today it actually bothered me, so I tried various tactics throughout the day to lower the noise level. I told one class that anyone who yelled would have to whisper until the bell rang. Tino yelled. 


Whenever I ask a question, students' hands shoot into the air at the exact moment their mouths fly open and and they holler "ME! ME!!" And if you don't call on them right away, the cries of agony are comparable to what you might hear from someone mortally wounded. So imagine being the student sentenced to whispering. Tino is creative, though. He looked up the sign language for "M" and "E", made one letter with each hand, and flailed his arms like mad. And then I couldn't possibly not call on him. 

Comments

  1. Haha - that's awesome! Go Tino! :) Did you know I'm taking ASL. Fun stuff! Loving it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Time Zones

Graphite Chopsticks

Now That I Know (1)