Math

"Teacher, I have a queez!" Peter announced.

"You have a quiz or a question?" I asked.

"A queeez. What is one plus one plus one...hundred plus two hundred plus three hundred. Plus fifty-four."

So I wrote it all out on the board. It looked more impressive and masked the fact that my brain couldn't handle it otherwise. I wrote the answer, and my kids oohed and aahed. 

"Everyone clap!" Peter directed between giggles. The class erupted in applause, and I bowed. Then, Peter "remembered" something.

"Oh... where is the rose?"

"Or where is a tomato?" one of my loving students suggested.

"You need a ring, Peter!" I think this brilliant idea came from Ann. She loves that Peter likes me. Those two spent too much time during the remainder of the day discussing how they'd get a ring for Peter to give me tomorrow.

Comments

  1. I love your stories! Admittedly it was more then a little freaky that it was Wednesday, October 13th; when I read your Thursday October 14th entry. Making me feel like time got farther away from me then I thought it did. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Graphite Chopsticks

Time Zones

Shake