I Am Gold

This week's story is about King Midas. You know, the one who turned things to gold simply by touching them. The Pre-K version of the story omits a whole lot of info but includes really tough words like "ping!"


An hour or two after reading class, Andrew and Diana planted themselves on the ledge in the back of the room. I made some general reminder that everyone should be in their seats, and everyone except Diana and Andrew sat down. These two remained perched in the back, not moving, not smiling, not looking at me...or anything at all. So I walked to the back, got right in their faces, and repeated the order. 


Nothing happened. Only when I started poking and helping them down did Diana (still stiff, straight-faced, and robot-like) explain, "I am gold!" They at least should get points for staying in character. And for listening two hours ago...never mind the present. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time Zones

Graphite Chopsticks

Shake