You Look Funny

The loudest, hyperest, and happiest pre-k kid is Justin. Keeping him in a chair is nearly impossible, but he's great. When I lost my voice, I had him "be my voice" for a while. He sat right in front of my desk that day, so I'd tell him something and he'd yell it at everyone else. The only problem was bringing him back from his power trip. "Everybody! Teacher says you must listen to ME!" 


Each week I give a vocab test. Then they all draw on the back of the paper while I make the rounds and grade the tests. I was kneeling in front of Justin's desk, circling all his correct words, and he started laughing. One of those quiet, but hard laughs that makes your entire body shake. His face was all scrunched up so you could barely see his eyes. It wasn't a mean laugh either. Whatever happened, it was just that hilarious.


"What's so funny?" I asked, not sure whether I really wanted to know.


"Your nose..." and he started laughing again... "it's too big!"

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Time Zones

Graphite Chopsticks

Now That I Know (1)